Patching Ideas and Techniques Vol.I | VCV Rack 2\Eurorack
This series of videos is all about patching techniques and ideas. I chose 10 techniques from my ever-growing document of patching techniques and ideas and expanded on them in video format. I go through the basics in VCV Rack 2 and show a few variations with Eurorack.
This series is all about inspiration but I try to explain as much as I can what I do, how I do it, and why so there's also a lot to learn here. If you're a beginner, intermediate, or advanced user, you might find this series interesting and inspiring. That said, you do need to be familiar with the basic concepts of modular like VCOs, VCAs, modulation, etc. so if you just started yesterday with modular, maybe the Basics of Modular series will be more helpful - https://omricohen.gumroad.com/l/modularbasics
Here are the techniques I show in this series:
- How to create interesting sequences by utilizing the reset input.
- How to create fun glitchy sounds with a delay.
- How to create generative clock sources and generative envelopes and LFOs.
- How to extract complex rhythms from complex modulation with a comparator.
- How to split sequences with a comparator.
- Sound design with Wave Splicing.
- How to create unique modulation sources with a sequential switch.
- How to create rhythmic modulation with track and hold.
- How to gate sequences with AND logic.
- How to split sequences with flip flops.
Over 40 videos and 4 hours of content with VCV Rack 2 and Eurorack.